The Waxahachie PD will have a test on December 8, 2018. Please click the following link for complete information:
- Must be a citizen of the United States, 21 years of age or older and not 45 years of age or older
- High School Diploma or GED Certificate with 12 hours of college credit from a TCOLE approved accredited college
- Meet all initial license requirements of Texas Commission On Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
- No felony or class A misdemeanor convictions; including deferred adjudications
- No misdemeanor convictions, including deferred adjudications, above the grade of class C within the past 10 years
- Not on court-ordered community supervision or probation for any criminal offense above the grade of class C misdemeanor
- Be of good character and have a stable school, work and driving record
- No DWI convictions within the past 10 years
- Must read, write and speak the English language
- Must possess 20/20 vision, either corrected or uncorrected in each eye. Must be free of dichromatic color blindness, night blindness, and any other visual deficiencies or limitations
- Shall be able to hear sounds at 40 decibels from 500 - 4,000 hertz
- Officers must conceal any tattoos, body art or branding by use of the authorized uniform or city-authorized clothing
- Applicants must be able to pass a physical exam as determined by a physician
Salary & Benefits
Medical Insurance / Dental Insurance / Paid Life Insurance / Paid Vacation / 10 Paid Holidays / 20 Year Retirement / City Matches Your 7% contribution towards retirement at 2 (city) to 1 (employee) / Generous Sick Leave Plan / Uniforms/Firearm/Ballistic Vest / Deferred Compensation Plan
Non-TCOLE licensed personnel will be sent to Basic Police Academy. The department will cover academy expenses and pay the individual during the academy.
Military personnel may receive VA benefits and pay while attending the Basic Police Academy.
To be notified of an upcoming civil service test, please enter your information on the right side of this page and your name will be added to our database.
Contact a Recruiter
Come by the police department at 216 N. College or contact Sgt. Ricky Wilson at 469-309-4437 or email@example.com for more information or for the next testing date.