The mission of the Police Department is to deter crime and apprehend criminals; maintain strong police-community relations and to continually enhance the training and expertise of each member of the police force. The goals of the department are:
- To identify criminal activity, pursue and apprehend criminal offenders, and assist in the prosecution of known offenders;
- To maintain a proactive patrol and investigation force and thus reduce the opportunity to commit crime;
- To facilitate the movement of people and vehicles through analysis and commitment of selective traffic enforcement resources;
- To perpetuate a sound managerial environment that focuses upon Department goals and provides for career development through training, advancement and reward for exemplary performance;
- To instill public confidence in the agency by maintaining a high degree of professionalism, dedication and expertise in the development of police service.
Waxahachie Police Department is a "Recognized" police agency by the Texas Police Chiefs Association.
On January 1, 2013 The Waxahachie Police Department became the 69th recognized law enforcement agency by the Texas Police Chiefs' Association.
The Recognition Program is a voluntary accreditation process where law enforcement agencies in the state prove their compliance with Texas Law Enforcement Best Practices.
These Best Practices were carefully developed by Texas Law Enforcement professionals to assist agencies in the efficient and effective delivery of service, improve officer safety, the reduction of risk and the protection of individual’s rights.
As of August 2014 there were only 104 recognized departments in the state, out of the over 1900 different law enforcement agencies in Texas.
Crash Report Online Ordering
Non-Crash Report Requests Online